question

smudger6635 avatar image
smudger6635 asked

PIN code when updating new blue smart charger

Not really a question but more of an update. Received a new unit and when I connected the Victron Connect app to it, it required an update from V2.11 to V3.00. Clicked "Continue" and was asked to input the device PIN number. The app suggested 0000 or 1234. Did this and the updated failed due to a failure to connect to the device. Ended up re setting the PIN code using the PUK code on the back of the device. The app confirmed that it had reset the PIN to 000000 - a six figure PIN. Just be aware it is a 6 figure PIN code in these new units, and you should use 000000 as the default and not just 0000 as that will fail.

chargerBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I think the suggestion of 0000 or 1234 comes from the phone.

The default PIN code for Victron Smart Bluetooth equipment connecting via VictronConnect is 000000.

The section in the manual is here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#bluetooth_smart_-_pairing_and_connecting

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

smudger6635 avatar image smudger6635 commented ·

Yes, I should have checked out the on line manual first. Seems obvious now. I was in the Victron Connect app at the time and the suggestion of the 0000 or 1234 certainly looked like it came from the app. Expecting to take delivery of a Multiplus II soon and will check out the online manual first before starting any downloads. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image
markus answered ·
@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff) Thanks for clarifying. I wondered about this some time ago.

Is it possible that an Apple device fills up the missing zeros itself if you only use 4 zeros?

I used to let those keys at standard setting during setup and harden it afterwards.

2 |3000

Chris avatar image
Chris answered ·

I'm pretty sure I left it blank and they all updated.

2 comments
2 |3000

markus avatar image markus ♦♦ commented ·

iPhone user? :o)

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris avatar image Chris markus ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, iPhone 6s or 8 plus. One of those two or possibly both.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide