question

edwardtollemache avatar image
edwardtollemache asked

Multiplus II and BYD: Charge from solar only

Hi everyone. I have a setup with a Multiplus II 10000, multiple 5kwh BYD batteries with a BMU, a smartsolar MPPT RS 450/100, all linked up to a Cerbo.

At the moment this system is providing backup and is charging from both the grid and solar (when available).

What I’m looking to do is recharge exclusively from solar. Is this possible with this particular setup? I have seen other similar posts however they often to refer to Quattros. Where might one set this up, through the Cerbo? Through the Bmu?

Multiplus-IIBYDmppt rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Yes it is. need to set up the Cerbo correctly to do this and load in the ESS system into the inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

A simple way is to turn off the Multi's charger. If you want something conditional, please expand on your requirements.

2 |3000