question

logoszm avatar image
logoszm asked

Is AC2 load limited to inverter capacity

It is my understanding that AC2 can be utilised for non-essential loads and given that surplus PV output is available, the surplus can feed these non-essential loads when grid supply is present. My question is if there is a limit on the current through AC2? Could I, for example, connect a potential 20A load on AC2, such a water heater in addition to a 15A essential load on AC1?

ac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Victron specifies a maximum current on the AC 2 output. Check the spec sheet for your particular model. It is not tied to inverter capacity.

AC input power also has a limit and this would be shared between the AC 1 and AC 2 outputs.

Power assist is added to the shared output power (AC input plus inverter capacity).

PV inverters connected to the output of the Multi/Quattro would be available as additional power as well. PV inverters connected to the INPUT of the Multi/Quattro would only be available when grid power is present and would flow through the same input relay. It would therefore not increase the available power over the limits specified in the spec sheet.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic