question

inspector-h avatar image
inspector-h asked

(3) 12 volt 100amp travel trailer lead battery and batteryprotect

I have (3) 12 volt 100ah lead acid deep cycle batteries in parallel for a total of 300ah that are charged thru the travel trailer WFCO power converter / charger whenever plugged in to 120volt outlet. I'm Looking to be able to automatically have the12 volt load disconnect from the batteries when they hit 50% to prevent damage then come back on when i recharge thru the WFCO.

1. can i use the batteryprotect? Got a wiring diagram?

2. While I have a total 300amps, I'll never use that much amperage and estimate at the most I would use 60 to 100Amp. What size would be necessary?

thanks

Battery Protectvoltagewiring diagram
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Do you have also a Victron Phoenix/Multiplus/Quattro Inverter connected to the batteries?

1) The MultiPlus/Quattro should never go over the BatteryProtect because the Inverters provide already this service.

2) And for the rest, 60-100A for a travel trailer sounds very much if I may assume, that you use an Inverter. However, I would suggest you the 100A version of the Smart Battery Protect.

Have a nice day

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron BatteryProtect product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic