question

h2009 avatar image
h2009 asked

Multiplus relay - daily usage?

Hi there

Just wondering is there any specification about how many times the relay can be used? Ie disconnecting from the grid everyday and then reconnecting.

Thanks.

Multiplus-IIRelay
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·
Hi

If look on the relay you will see a number and brand type search that and it wll tell what the life of it is on certain loads etc. They are Panasonic types with a mechanical rating of 1x10 power of 7 and 180 per min operations.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

1 Like 1 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@h2009

Plenty more times. I have not seen an actualy spec. We have weak erratic and downright irritating grid. Sometimes 3 or 4 disconnects a day, sometimes more. Connect for two minutes then gone again.

Good news is I am no longer irritated by that issue, dont know and dont care that it happens now. Two thumbs up to Victron.

There are some pretty beefy contacts in there. Going on three years strong.

Only time I have seen a welded contact is when the installer/user was over currenting the input, in other words pulling more through than it was rated/designed for. And had been doing so for quite some time before it became ammore serious issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

h2009 avatar image
h2009 answered ·

Thanks for the answer.

Basically the reason why I’m asking is I hate grid pulling when there is plenty of juice in the battery. I find I’m getting loads of pull from the grid around 1-3kw (static loads ie lights)

So the plan is to use node red to disconnect the relay during the day and only connect to charge the battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@h2009

So a fancy virtual switch. Nice.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes