question

ksaltman avatar image
ksaltman asked

Node-red temperature sensor showing tanks also

Hi -

I have added both BLE temperature sensors and LP Tank Sensors now that BLE is supported. The LPG Tank sensors show up nicely on the CerboGX Boat/RV page and the Temp sensors on the device list.

I went to add all the sensors to my Node-Red dashboard and when I add a Victron-Contrib Temperature Sensor node and go to configure it the device drop down list shows both the Temp Sensors and Tank Sensors.

The Tank Node shows only the tank sensors.

Thought you'd like to know.....

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ksaltman avatar image
ksaltman answered ·

OK so I get it now a bit more LOL.

The Tank sensors do expose Temperature so they are technically "Temperature Sensors" as well.

Like I said, got it now.....

I have noticed with more digging that the tank level is effected by both ambient temperature and tank temperature. When propane off gasses the temp goes way down so much you can see frost on the outside of the tank and the level exposed by the sensors is effected I think.

I'm going to try to figure a way of calibrate the effect of temp on level but any pointers are appreciated.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.