question

fguiot avatar image
fguiot asked

Can Multiplus read Battery voltage and temperature from Cerbo GX?

Hi,

My setup is constituted with DIY LiFePo4 battery bank, a SmartShunt, a Cerbo GX, a MultiPlus II and some MPPT. I'm in the middle of setting all this up...

And unfortunately, I have forgotten to wire the battery voltage sense wires and temperature sense cable between the battery and the MultiPlus. A wall is separating the battery and the MultiPlus II, and it's quite cumbersome to have to wire additional cables.

A Ve.Bus cable is wired between the MultiPlus and the Cerbo GX.

Can the Cerbo GX share the battery voltage and Battery temperature reading (both read from SmartShunt, wired in Ve.Direct) with the MultiPlus, so the charger and inverter knows these values and works efficiently?

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Yes. It's even the better way in a setup like yours. Read about DVCC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

That is what DVCC is for, if you configure the appropriate reference sensor to use for the purpose with SVS and STS. It is thoroughly documented in the Cerbo manual.

edit: Seb beat me to it

2 |3000

fguiot avatar image
fguiot answered ·

Great, thx guys!. Playing a bit with DVCC now ;-)

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Dont forget to read the DVCC manual.

1 Like 1 ·