question

jfm1712 avatar image
jfm1712 asked

VE Bus BMS v2 - switching On/Off via Victron Connect?

Hello, I've ordered but not yet installed the VE Bus Smart BMS v2 for the upgrade to Smart Lithium batteries.

The Datasheet-BMS-Overview mentions that this (Smart) BMS can be switched On/Off via bluetooth and the Victron Connect App. I was planning on fitting a switch across the H-L connectors, but this would be simpler! This feature is NOT mentioned in the VE Bus v2 Manual.

Can Victron confirm this feature is there? (Note that the Demo library of VC does not have the VE Bus BMS v2 to check out this feature).

thanks

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @JFM1712

The VE.Bus BMS V2 is not a "smart" BMS, thus does not have Bluetooth and cannot be controlled via VictronConnect. Victron BMSes with "smart" aka Bluetooth and VictronConnect functionality are named accordingly, e.g. Lynx Smart BMS or Smart BMS CL etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jfm1712 avatar image
jfm1712 answered ·

Thanks Stefanie, I missed noticing that it was not "Smart" (as so many Victron devices are now Smart!). Pity, but switch across H-L will do as well.

2 |3000