question

cuanboake avatar image
cuanboake asked

Can I use BYD without DVCC?

Hello - I have just installed my 1st Victron system - EasySolar (MultiPlus 48/3000/35-50 ) + BYD (2 cells). The VE.Bus firmware is 413, CCGX firmware 2.20). I understand DVCC cannot be enabled until the VE.Bus firmware has been updated (and as stipulated in the Victron & BYD B-Box manual). Is this anything to be concerned about until such time that the firmware can be updated?

Thanks!

BYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Should you be concerned?

A lot of Yes and little bit of No.

Yes - you should be concerned as your system is now operating outside BYD's installation guidelines. In the event of a warranty claim, if they review the data it may be apparent that it was not adequately controlled and they could deny it.

No - The system will operate, just not as tested and designed for.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bivaccamper avatar image
bivaccamper answered ·

I'm having a lot o issues with an installation in a house. Self comsuntion. BYD 13.8, three multiplus 48 5000 in three phase and byd connected to color control with special CAN bus cable.

Everything works fine but I expeirenced a lot of problems with the DVCC activated.

Before I upgraded the firmware of multipluses had the issue about random data connection to de CCGX. This week I upgraded the firmware to the multiplus and still having issues, multipluses doesn't run properly

I'm still trying to gt some info about the prpblems to see if I'm able to establish a pattern or get some ideas of what is happening and why.

Now the system is running with the DVCC disabled.

Any advice will be welcome.

Thanks

Toni

1 comment
2 |3000

The advice above is the same.

Running BYD batteries on Victron with DVCC disabled could lead to battery damage and the voiding of your battery warranty.

There is no circumstances where it is acceptable now.

BYD and DVCC is thoroughly tested in 1000’s of systems and very stable.

If you are having issues, the solution is not to disable DVCC, but to contact a trained and qualified technician to investigate the cause.

It may be that DVCC is trying to protect the battery, and you are seeing that as a fault, rather than a safety feature.

Please contact a professional with experience near you for a service -

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

0 Likes 0 ·