question

Philippe Lindheimer avatar image
Philippe Lindheimer asked

External AC sensor for MultiPlus 12/2000/80-50 120V VE.Bus

I have a MultiPlus 12/2000/80-50 120V on my boat but have wired the hot water heater and a plug for a space heater separately so they don't go through the multiplus. Since it does not have a non-inverted pass through like the 3000 does, it doesn't know about the draw fr9m those units and I have to manually set the current limiter to adjust for them when I expect to pull over 30 amps from shore power.

Is there an external sensor that this Multiplus could be configured with to override the internal one so that it would all work 'properly'? It's my understanding that the external sensors referenced for some if the multiplus II units is not compatible?

multiplus ve.bus
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Might be simpler to have your heater & HWS on the multi's output, controlled by a contactor operated by incoming mains.

You then have control your ac input limit.

0 Likes 0 ·
Philippe Lindheimer avatar image Philippe Lindheimer klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Thanks, that is something I can do and have considered it and some similar other options. I think the simpler solution is if they supported an external sensor as they do on some multi II units as a contactor or similar is more parts that can fail especially in a marine environment.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic