question

peter-v avatar image
peter-v asked

Colour control gx wired connection stopped working

Hi There

I recently replaced my wifi router with a TP Link Deco X55. The VRM portal had worked seamlessly via a wired connection to my previous router for over 2 years. Within hours of installation the connection failed with #153 Connection Error {Errno -3} displaying on the CCGX. I managed to restore the connection eventually by unplugging the network cable from the back of the GX device and rebooting. The connection however only lasted a matter of hours before failing again.

I have subsequently installed a nano USB wifi device and all now works seamlessly.

Is there something I need to do or will I have to live with my solution. The local South African Victron people want me to send in the GX unit which I believe to be totally unnecessary.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Peter V

Since it is just a router change it suggests a routing problem. Is the time date & location set correctly on both device?

There are some troubleshooting steps in the CCGX manual. #153 is mentioned in step 3.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-v avatar image peter-v commented ·

Thankyou. I did use this as my first point of reference and there were no issues regarding date / time settings. Prehaps something else. Something pertaining specifically to {Errno -3} which I cannot find anything about on the net.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ peter-v commented ·

I had a weird one recently, had to switch off https secure connection to get it to log again.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Peter V

What you might be finding is that the router 'changes it's mind' with addressing, and the GX can't follow the change until it's rebooted. I see this with an ethernet cable from a WinPC using ICS.

The fix for me is to reboot the GX under Automatic IP Configuration, then once it's accepted an address, change the GX to Manual. It then retains that and rolls on uninterrupted.

Mightn't be quite the same as you, but you could try it..

1674190569407.png

1674190569407.png (39.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

peter-v avatar image peter-v commented ·
Thanks, I'll give this a bash.
0 Likes 0 ·