question

hackerp avatar image
hackerp asked

Modbus TCP Parallel System "Per Quattro" Information

I have a Parallel System composed by 3 Quattro's and a Cerbo GX. I cannot find a way to read the input and output current from each Quattro device via Modbus TCP, meaning I can only read the total current. I want to read the output current of each Quattro to insure their functionality. Is that possible in a Parallel system?

Thank you

Modbus TCPmultiplus in parallelquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
sebastia avatar image
sebastia answered ·

I think it is not possible. I was trying to do it a while ago but I only could read from the "totals" of the system. If for instance an AC input if one of the 3 Quattro fails, you will not know as you can only read the total current of the system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

This is not possible. Once the inverters are in a parallel group they are treated as one big inverter on the software side.

You can use a Current Clamp meter and check that everything is balanced, once that is confirmed you can assume the current is always 1/3 of the total current as the way the inverters are synchronized it should always be 1/3 in a 3 inverter setup.

2 |3000