question

barryparry avatar image
barryparry asked

Is my system idea ok?

Hello all,

Looking for a system to run catering equipment in a mobile catering van. I have put together the below diagram myself. I know its not great but very much work in progress. Also I know it doesn't show fuse's on the Lynx but there will be of course. Its more a reference diagram for now.

Looking to use 3x 24 volt 200ah lipo batteries to give us plenty of power. The system will be charged via the quattro of a night time when the van is back at the premise's.

I am looking for any recommendation's on the Victron products chosen and the schematics. Is this a good combination of Victron products that will work well together or any other products that may be better suited.

I wasn't so sure on where in the system to get the power from for the VE.Bus BMS, battery protect and the cerbo GX. Lynx power in side or Lynx distribution side after the shunt.

Any help, advice and criticisms would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance all.

Oh just to add, I know the diagram doesn't show any of the 240v side that it will obviously need.

victron-diagram-1.jpg

victron communityNot sure - Admin please assign or create
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Have a look at the Mobile cafe van video, you might get some additional ideas. Eg charging the battery between stops from the alternator.

I would suggest that you look at the VE.Bus BMS V2 for its additional features and easier integration.

Likewise I would suggest using a multiplus II over a quatro.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

barryparry avatar image barryparry commented ·
Thanks for the info.

That’s a good video thanks. I should of maybe said but I’m planing on fitting this system into a trailer (I don’t know why I call it a van) so no alternator charge available. I have thought about solor but was going to see how things go and maybe add that on in the future.

I will take a look at the BMS V2 as I’m not sure on what the additional features are.

As for the inverter I was looking for 8000VA and it looks like this isn’t available with a 24 volt input.

Do the schematics look ok? I was unsure on where to get the power from for the BMS, battery protect and the DC-DC converter.

Also what would be a recommended way to fully isolate the system to stop cell discharge incase the system isn’t in use for a while and no shore power available? I know the battery protect will stop the addition DC items like the water pump and LED lighting I'm looking to use by isolating the power to the DC-DC converter. However the BMS, battery protect and dc-dc converter will always be live. Well that is till the battery protect see’s low voltage and isolates the DC-DC converter.

Would 3 isolators switches for each battery be required? Or is there a clever victron product that could be used instead?

Thanks all

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic