question

ralfz avatar image
ralfz asked

MP2 connected to L2 - Where to configure this?

I am in Germany, I am using a Fronius energy meter on a three phase system with one Multiplus2 running an ESS with Pylontech batteries.

I have two questions concerning the phases used.

1. Who defines what L1, L2 and L3 is in my system?
    In my eyes, this is the energy meter that I am using. Whatever physical cable I connect to its L1 terminal will get reported as L1 in the system.
    Right?
  2. I have my Multiplus2 connected to L2.
    Is there a way to tell the ESS system that the MP2 is on L2?
    I have found options for single phase inverters to be configured to L1, L2 or L3. But I cannot find such an option for the MP2 itself.
Multiplus-IIESS3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Hi Ralf,

1) yes ... thats right.

2) there is no option to configure this. The MP2 has to be connected to L1 of the corresponding meter.

Jens

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ralfz avatar image ralfz commented ·
@Meine_Energiewende Thanks for the fast answer.

Can you point me to a document that defines that the MP2 has to be installed on L1?

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende ralfz commented ·

as you are from germany:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Energy_Storage_System/ESS_design_and_installation_manual-de.pdf

Page 23 7.2: (Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie das ESS auf L1 anbringen. Wenn es auf einer anderen Phase montiert wird, ist die Anzeige falsch und die Funktion beeinträchtigt).

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom Büschgens avatar image
Tom Büschgens answered ·

As you are using the fronius energymeter, you will probably use the corresponding driver from Ralf Zimmermann. So it will be very easy to switch L1 to L2 and v.v. in the software of the driver itself.

2 Minutes effort. Done here - works like a charm.

2 |3000