question

debit avatar image
debit asked

BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 jumper question

I am completely new to all of this. I've purchased a travel trailer that has this controller; don't yet have solar panels. It came with what I learned is a jumper, inserted where I will need to plug the BlueTooth dongle.

Can someone please explain to me what the jumper is for, when I might need it, and how will that work once I get the Bluetooth dongle and it is plugged in there? Or is it something I insert and then that does something?

Sorry for what must seem like dumb questions, but I really don't understand this at all.

picture below -- it's rotated for some reason. Shows the jumper's original placement. Now it is out, taped to my manual.

MPPT Controllersinstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes remove the link as then you can do all your settings inside the Victron Connect APP

The Picture below is just one option that the jumper does the manual will show you all the options

MPPT Manual

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-SmartSolar-charge-controller-MPPT-75-10-75-15-100-15-100-20-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE.pdf

1557715941308.png (11.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

debit avatar image
debit answered ·

Oh good, I’m hoping I will understand the app better than physical jumpers. Plus the dongle has to plug in there anyway.

2 |3000

sdirghalli avatar image
sdirghalli answered ·

Hello! I have the same questions about the use of the jumper. Am I correct in interpreting the above messages to say that the jumper is not necessary and that the controller would operate normally (default) with the jumper not in place? Also, can anyone explain the effects of the different jumper settings? Thank you very much for your help!

1 comment
2 |3000

nelsonpk avatar image nelsonpk commented ·
My understanding is you can Discard the jumper if you reprogram with a dongle.

The 3 jumper settings are shown in the manual but not explained very well, I do not understand the options.

0 Likes 0 ·
robledo005 avatar image
robledo005 answered ·

does any one knows where i could find them separately due to a controller i bought does not have it ? thank you in advance

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic