question

deromax avatar image
deromax asked

Spec needed, MultiPlus Compact 24/2000/50-50

Hello! I'm considering a MultiPlus Compact 24V, 2000VA, 120V inverter-charger. In the datasheet and/or manual, it is said that the PowerControl function can be adjusted and that the default setting is 30A. I would need to know the actual range of adjustment, especially the lowest possible setting. I could not find the answer anywhere. Thanks!

inverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

8.5a with only with power assist enabled *. Page 24 of the manual.

ac-input-limit.jpg

ac-input-limit.jpg (92.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deromax avatar image
deromax answered ·

Thanks, but I did saw that. What I need the PowerControl spec, not the PowerAssist spec. Setting the amount of PowerAssist won't tell me how much total power will be allowed from the shore power or generator or grid, because the onboard charger will consume some.

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

The input current figure of 8.5a applies to both power control, and power assist.

If you limit the multi to 8.5a input, that is how much it will draw from the mains. For both loads, and battery charging.

Once the loads draw more than 8.5a from the mains, power assist comes into action and the inverter supplies any current needed in excess of the 8.5a input limit. < Battery charging will then cease.

You might want to tinker with your battery charging current to find a happy balance.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If you download/install Victron Connect app, start it up, you have a demo library option. You'll find your unit under Inverter/Chargers (VE bus). Select it and use the top right cog. All the settings are in there and you can check/adjust as needed. There's an input current limit under general. This I was able to set to 1A.

3 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

I dont think the 1.0a limit is accurate.

Victron Connect allows a 48/10000/140 to be set at 1a :o

1 Like 1 ·
deromax avatar image deromax commented ·

Hey thanks Kevgermany! This is a very nice trick to know! Victron should make this feature more widely known, instead of repeating left and right that we should contact a dealer, allowing them to offer minimal sale support...

It would seem the inverter will adjust from zero to max with 0.1A granularity, which is kinda overkill hahaha!

So I guess I have my answer! Thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ deromax commented ·

I hope you saw @klim8skeptic comment.

Might be a bug in the demo library...

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Deromax

Power control and power assist are two different things.

Power control (explained here) takes into account the input current limit and the consumers and uses whatever is left of the incoming limit to charge batteries (if there is any). The settings for this are mentioned by @klim8skeptic. Otherwise there are no other settings related to it.

Power assist is the boost factor applied to the incoming input current limit. Usually assists from the battery. Also related to the input current limit but not the same as power control.

2 |3000

deromax avatar image
deromax answered ·

Hello! Yes I understand the difference between the two functions! I needed to know how low it could go and that wasn’t mentioned in the documents I was searching!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic