question

klosk avatar image
klosk asked

EV Charging Station or 3rd Party with Node Red

Hi

I’m in the matket for a charging station and interested in the new EV charger by Victron. My setup currently includes a Multiplus 2 48 5000 charging pylontechs. Its all connected to AC as an ESS. PV is 8,8kw East West 50/50ish hooked to a fronius symo 10.0.3 M. I use a script on Cerbo GX that reads the fronius smart gateway data and interprets it for Victron so that the smart gateway shows up in GX as a compatible GW.

It all runs very smoothly.

My questions now regarding the EV charger:

Would the Ev charger work in this setup, as in does it recognize the smart gateway like the multiplus does?

Is there a lock fnction for the charging cable?

Is there access control so not anyone can simply charge on my station?

If going with node red: has anyone built somethi ng similar to the victron ev charger using red? If the charger offers a rest api that should be all that’s needed, right?

Thanks

Daniel

Node-REDev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, I'm not sure what that smart gateway is, fronius symo should be recognized by venus os without using any kind of script.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klosk avatar image klosk commented ·

Hi

Im using this script https://github.com/RalfZim/venus.dbus-fronius-smartmeter

Actually a fork of it.

I dont have a victron Smart Gateway and in order to correctly handle the charge and discharge of the battery in my ess setup, this is needed (at least with cerbogx before 2.9).

0 Likes 0 ·

Smart meter, not smart gateway. Now I understand your question, but I can't give you an answer because I don't know how that script is working.

1 comment
2 |3000

klosk avatar image klosk commented ·
Sorry for that. The script simply makes the cerbo believe the fronius smart meter is a victron compatible smart meter. Can you snswer my other questions?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

No, I can't give you an answer because that script is not made by Victron

2 |3000

klosk avatar image
klosk answered ·

Here are my other questions:

Is there a lock function for the charging cable?

Is there access control so not anyone can simply charge on my station?

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes, make sure the charging station is updated to the latest software version, go to settings, general, disable autostart and also disable control via display. By doing this, charging can be started or stopped only from webpage, widget, vrm, and soon Victron connect
0 Likes 0 ·