question

remco avatar image
remco asked

HELP pls, Bluesolar MPPT V1.39 firmware file

Hello, I also upgraded to version 1.41 today. now my bluesolar chargers are completely confused. I want to do a downgrade to 1.39 but can't find it anywhere on professional.victronenergy.com/downloads/firmware. can someone give it to me or a link where I can download it. thank you in advance

MPPT BlueSolar 150/70 A046 v1.39 firmware file and

MPPT BlueSolar 150/60 A04E v1.39 firmware file

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

chargerfirmware update
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

funkaddict avatar image funkaddict commented ·

Ask WKirby , he helped me with a link that had all the previous upgrades for the CCGX which were not available in the repository. Check it out: https://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/images/ccgx/ I hope he can help. Good luck!

0 Likes 0 ·
funkaddict avatar image funkaddict commented ·

I can see in the repository 2 revisions per version 1.41.

Solar Charge Controller MPPT 100-50 rev1 v1.41_A045.dup

Solar Charge Controller MPPT 100-50 rev2 v1.41_A049.dup

Have you tried both of them?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, sorry to hear you are having trouble.

I can look a v1.39 file up tomorrow.

But please also explain what the problem is? And is the system on VRM?

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·

Hi Matthis,

I have updated yesterday to 1.41, and it seems not very good so far. DVCC Charge Current limit stopped working altogheter! Also, I have 2 x MPPTs in parallel which were reasonably working togheter. Now, they are not, I've seen one going from bulk straight to float, and the other one doing all the work... I know that Victron is working in parallel charging, and I hope you can do it, but this 1.41 seems a step back comparing to 1.39 I was using.

0 Likes 0 ·
remco avatar image remco commented ·

thank you, Permission to VRM, I have also added 2 photos. it is indeed the parallel cooperation, now that they work separately, when the battery is full, no longer what they have to do, see the photo. I put 1 charger on 26.69v and 1 charger on 26.70v. I heard this was the trick ...

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ remco commented ·

Hi @Remco, dank!

I dont yet understand how those voltages will help in this case.

The problem seems to be when you have “normal” batteries, lead orso. And them enable the max charge current setting on the mppt.

The mppt then thinks its externally controlled on voltage as well. Which its not, it should run through its normal bulk/abs/float algorithm and settings.

ESS systems are not affected. And offgrid or back up systems with an intelligent connected battery, like BYD, most likely not affected as well.

More information later.

If you have time & want to, downgrade to v1.39. I can also do it, but only a few hours from now.

0 Likes 0 ·
remco avatar image remco mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hey,

The batteries will be full in about 2 hours, I keep an eye on how it goes. Bluk, Abs, Float staus. And yes, if this continues to be the case, I would like to have a downgrade. So that parallel will work well again. I think it's good that I first adjust the old settings again before we do a downgrade, so that both are again at 26.70v.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ remco commented ·

Hi, I only see this message now. They’re being downgraded already.

I’m quite sure all will be fine; and yes go ahead and restore the settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
remco avatar image remco mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Haha I was watching when you were downgrading them. And YES, it looks good again, as it should be. Super thanks for your service, and even on Sundays !, Victron Energy chapeau!

I'll put the old settings back on it,

Thanks and have a nice day,

Remco

0 Likes 0 ·
Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered ·

Hoi,

Dont think you can go back...

Read this :

v1.41 change log

(copied from Victron Professional)

IMPORTANT: Upgrading the SmartSolar models, not the BlueSolar models, is a one-way trip, you cannot go back to an older firmware version once you upgrade to v1.40. Reverting to older firmware gives error 116 (calibration data lost), this can be fixed by re-installing the v1.40 firmware.

2 comments
2 |3000

remco avatar image remco commented ·

Hey,

Yes I read that, luckily I don't have a SmartSolar, but a BlueSolar, so it should be possible to read what I can

0 Likes 0 ·
Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. remco commented ·

Ive looked on the dropbox..but all is changed to the last one...sorry dont find the 1.39version neither ( to test, if its working to go back).

0 Likes 0 ·
jsmvanwyk avatar image
jsmvanwyk answered ·

Good day.

Is it possible to send me the 1.41 file to upgrade his Smartsolar 250-100 back to get rid of error 116?

Kind regards

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Hi @jsmvanwyk, I've contacted you through support.

0 Likes 0 ·