question

lynckmeister avatar image
lynckmeister asked

Running Multiplus without Smartmeter using Modbus and Venus(Rasp)

Hi,

I am running a Rasp-Venus Os connected to the MP2. With Modbus I am able to inform the Mp2 whether it should feed-in the grid or charge the battery... therefore I write the register 37 within the watt power I would like to charge (positve) or feed-in (negative). If I want to charge I have to send after the register 38 to enable charging. Then the Mp2 charges the batteray about around 60 seconds. If I then send the 37 again, that 38 junps back to disabled , so I also have to enable this every 60 seconds again .. Is this normal behavior?

The feedin register 39 remains always in "enabled" position ...

The Victron interface (id 100) also have the same register 2700 which is called setup point for the ESS ... what is the difference?

At least im not sure if the direct setting of these registers overwrites the predefined setup like maximum charge voltage and untervoltage of the battery... does the MP2 always feed-in if I send the 37 register even , if the battery is to low?

Thanks for your help ...

Multiplus-IIVenus OSModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Tom Büschgens avatar image
Tom Büschgens answered ·

As I am unsure on what victron information you checked or not - as a starting point you could familiarize yourself with the ESS Modes (see Victron ESS Modes), this should answer some of your questions (e.g. which modbus registers to use).

And: AFAIK this does not override the MP2 settings per se, as these modbus registers (in the ESS mode docs) are designed to receive the values as input for the ESS - which is controlled via Venus OS, not the MP2.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.