question

Paul avatar image
Paul asked

3x MP2 5000 or 3x MP2 3000, difference in idle power?

Hi all Victron pro's and lovers

I am happy with my MP2 5000/48, Cerbo GX, 7" color display, Smartsolar 250/100 and and want to extend our home install with two extra MP2 5000's in order to have a complete 3phase setup, able to deliver full power when grid fails or when living offgrid between april and september (11kWp installed PV panels and planning 20kWh of battery storage).

What concerns me is the idle-power of just one MP2 being around 40-45V with ESS running.

Having 3 of them costs the generated power of 3 PV panels yearly...

Is there some one with a setup of 3x MP2 3000/48 that has measurd the idle power with ESS activated.

If there is a big difference, I might go for a bit smaller 3x3000 instead of buying two extra MP2 5000/48 inverters.

I know there is a German guy living in quit a big "castle" with a 3xMP2 3000/48 setup but I lost his name/article so I can't connect with him.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxMPPT SmartSolar
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Was there a typo on idle power? V instead of W.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Idle power is specified in the datasheets for each product. You can download these from the product page at victronenergy.com

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul avatar image
Paul answered ·

@kevgermany I mean real life specs. Watching the values on my display closely in evening time, I see a constant difference between grid input and inverter output of about 40-45 watts.

Yes you can choose a different standby option that lowers the idle usage but with ess assistand activated this aint possible.

2 |3000

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Paul

Zero load losses for MP-II/5000 are 18W.

With load those losses are higher.

Charger part of MP-II is also drawing power to maintain the battery.

Add to it Cerbo-GX and display probably around 5-6W.

SmartSolar also needs power.

2 |3000