question

Todd Wackford avatar image
Todd Wackford asked

What is Modbus TCP register address/values for switching on/off AC OUT #2

Could not find in the latest register listing. As on previous post, I am wanting to control the AC out #2 on Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120V.

Modbus TCPmodifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Todd Wackford, sorry, perhaps I have not been writing my message clear:

The microprocessor in the MultiPlus, can switch the AC-Out 2. However, that on/off switching is not available as a MQTT, or ModbusTCP register. It would be nice, I agree. But its not possible now. And won't be anytime soon either I'm afraid.

What you can do; is set up Assistants in VEConfigure that switch that AC-out. And maybe; just maybe there is a way; by wiring the relay on your GX device physically into some aux input on the MultiPlus for example; to end up with a system where you have control over that output.

I don't know for sure; and can't test it out for you either; sorry. You'll have to try and test. Or perhaps there is someone else here in the community that has experience in this.

Otherwise; you can ofcourse simply buy a small contactor; wire it to a relay on your GX device, and then control it that way.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Todd Wackford avatar image Todd Wackford commented ·

Thanks for the clarity. Totally understand now.
Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
juergen pflug avatar image
juergen pflug answered ·

Hi.

I wired the Venus GX Relais 2 to the Quattro Aux input.

Then I confured 2 assistants on the Quattro which follow the Relay state of the Venus GX.

I then created a virtual device in a Fibaro home automation system.

This devices connects to the Venus via Modbus TCP and can now switch the AC-Out2 :-)

I also created Virtual devices to read out almost everything that is available via Modbus TCP :-)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Modbus TCP Basics

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.