question

pavedbygrace avatar image
pavedbygrace asked

AGM to Lithium Battery Upgrade Issues

Hey,

So my question in a bit shell is:

Why is the invertor not charging my batteries to FULL....

Now the long version:

I have the victron multiplus 2 plus victron smart shunt plus a full renogy solar setup. I went from 2 200ah AGM batteries to 4 100ah lithium batteries.

Is there anything I need to do with the multiplus now that my batteries have changed or is that all automatic? The app doesn't give me any options to place what type of batteries I'm using so I'm unsure where the problem lies or if it's operator error.

Also when I'm on shore power and I check my smart shunt I'm not reading full battery capacity and it isn't bulk charging. My batteries show in storage mode on the victron app but they are staying around 70 percent. Is this victron not reading correctly or a problem with my batteries?

Why is the invertor not charging my batteries to FULL....

I'm still learning

Multiplus-IILithium BatterySmartShuntsmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Pavedbygrace

Yes you need to change charge profile to lithium and then adjust the voltages for float and absorption and the same for the BMV. charged detection voltage to 0.2 or 0.3 v under float voltage.

Uncheck storage mode and temp compensation - this should happen automatically when selecting the lifpo4 profile.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pavedbygrace avatar image pavedbygrace commented ·
Where do I access the profile to change this. I'm not seeing anything in the app. .. thanks for being patient solar and batteries are all new to me.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ pavedbygrace commented ·

Please have a look at the BMV Youtube tutorial. Use Victron Connect app on your phone to change SmartShunt battery parameters.

Is there anything I need to do with the multiplus now that my batteries have changed or is that all automatic?

Have you programmed the multi to a lithium battery charge profile?

0 Likes 0 ·
pavedbygrace avatar image
pavedbygrace answered ·

Pulling up the video now! Thanks.

My multiplus has a renogy charge controller connected and I did change that one via the app from AGM to Lithium batteries. I also changed the amperage and voltage to match the new batteries.

2 |3000

hank-li avatar image
hank-li answered ·

May be this because of the battery have some issues, before assemble lithium battery, need to test the bettery cell equalizing charge, BMS, etc, need a lot to special devices in battery Factory, the testing process is quite complex in the lithium battery factory, here is the tips for choosing lithium battery manufacturer tips

https://npplithium.com/custom-lithium-battery-manufacturers/

2 |3000