question

jimz avatar image
jimz asked

Battery shows "Idle" state while in DC Load

Hello everyone,

The Battery state shows "Idle" even though there is a discharge of DC Power 17W.

do I need to change any values or settings to set the benchmark or limit so that the system can understand it is in discharge mode ?.

The system has smartshunt 500v with cerboGx & smartSolar MPPT all connected through VE.direct cable.

Please let me know.

@Matthias Lange - DE - any opinion from your side?

dc-bat-idle.png

MPPT Controllersbattery chargingVRMdc system
dc-bat-idle.png (17.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
love2learn avatar image
love2learn answered ·

Looks like the same line of questioning as I had on my thread:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/174954/understanding-idle-battery-status.html

The answer I got was basically that there is a margin of error, in the range of +-50w.

What device are you using to monitor DC power? I have everything plugged into the SmartShunt but Im not getting a "DC power" widget/reading. (see screenshot in previously linked post)

Edit: I found out how to enable the "DC Power" display/widget/reading in the VRM portal. In the Cerbo GX, go to "Menu->Settings->System Setup->Has DC System" and enable it. VRM portal and main display should now show consumed DC Power.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jimz avatar image jimz commented ·
@Love2Learn mine goes through the smartshunt 500a with "has DC system " enabled and cerboGX connected with direct cable.

do you see "Discharging" status now at 29w(from your post) while in DC load connected through smartshunt ?

0 Likes 0 ·