question

ayoub-rahmouni avatar image
ayoub-rahmouni asked

Can I use a PLC to control the Victron Energie Multiplus ?

Hello, I have questions about the Multiplus Victron Energy. In the case of Victron Energy, the grid (backup source) and the battery pack are connected to the Multiplus. And the latter is who will manage this is two sources, that is to say, for example, if the state of charge of the battery reaches its minimum and the PV system can not feed the load, the Multiplus will feed the load with the grid. In my case (I work on microgrid systems and energy management systems) I have to do this management with an independent control system, that is the control station that has to start the battery charging and connect the system to the grid to feed the load. For this I have two questions:

Q1. Can I use a PLC to control the Victron Energie Multiplus so that it works either in charger mode or as an inverter?

Q2. Can I connect the grid directly to the AC bus to be able to control the grid relay directly with the PLC? I don't think I can control the relay inside the Multiplus directly with the PLC (please confirm this if possible).

microgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
djsmiley avatar image
djsmiley answered ·

As for Q1: I would use Modbus TCP. That also allows you to fully monitor everything going on.

Another option might be replacing the on/off/charger switch with (plc controlled) relays but that would involve modifications of the unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic