question

pdonner avatar image
pdonner asked

RuuviTag in Cerbo GX VRM dashboard

It has been a delight to benefit from Cerbo GX temperature controlled relay functionality. I'm using firmware version 2.92, where settings can be adjusted without too much of a hassle.

I would like to learn more about the interplay between the VRM RuuviTag pane, the sensor and Cerbo CX relays. This is how the device shows up on the dashboard:

2022-12-06-ltt5-ruuvitag-cerbo-panel.png

The temperature readings on the top (and other rows on the RuuviTag pane) update frequently without any user intervention. However, we are told that the reading was 'Last updated: 3 minutes ago'. - Can anybody explain what this last row means?

modificationsgui modsruuvi sensors
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

That was the last time vrm received information from the cerbo. You can change the time interval.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pdonner avatar image
pdonner answered ·

I see. And the time interval of VRM log registrations can be adjusted in the remote console:

Device List > Settings > VRM online portal > Log interval

This means that the Cerbo GX and the web user interface talk directly to the bluetooth sensor.

This would perhaps indicate that there could be a better place to signal VRM update events than in the RuuviTag temperature pane. What about placing this VRM logging information on the status row somewhere among the 'Last updated:' and 'Status:' readings. Wouldn't that be a more appropriate place?

2 |3000

kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge answered ·

Can the Ruuvi be used instead of Battery Sense and so on?

2 comments
2 |3000

harold avatar image harold commented ·

I was hoping to add these sensors for battery monitoring and alarming too ;-)
actually I do, but I can only use email / VRM alarm, no actions

0 Likes 0 ·
pdonner avatar image pdonner harold commented ·

This topic was started to discuss the essence of the last line on the current RuuviTag VRM pane. It turned out that the 'Last update' value actually has little to do with the RuuviTag. Suggested that VRM update info should be placed where it seems to belong: On the VRM status row. - Any response to that gui modification wish?

Your question relates to warning and alarm functions. Would it be better to start a new topic or to move your question to one related to the solution you are looking for. Would you like temperature values to trigger a relay? There are a number of related topics in the Questions & Answers space...

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.