question

ee21 avatar image
ee21 asked

MultiPlus, Invert even with excess solar?

Is there a way to get the MultiPlus to power loads from the battery, during a specific daily schedule, even when solar power is already being fed to the grid? ESS has scheduled charging, I want scheduled inverting now. Would using ESS with grid setpoint to 0, using scheduling charging without adding PV inverter to Color Control GX work? All solar is parallel with the input of MultiPlus. No solar on the loads side, or on the batteries.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

as all the solar is on the grid side of the inverters AC1 IN - then you could try using ignor ac in and then use the generator autostart periodic function to then turn ac1 in on anf off at diferant times.

I am currently using SOC to turn the mains on and off as required.

also my Grid Tie solar is on AC1 out so that I can keep the solar running even if the grid goes down.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ee21 avatar image
ee21 answered ·

I was really hoping to keep the grid connected for the "power assist" features that moderate the load on the inverter when big loads are connected/disconnected. Also I want to limit the maximum inverter output when operating in ESS mode, which I would not be able to do this way.

I recently found some additional information about "ESS Mode 2 and 3" covered here, which claim to allow this: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:ess_mode_2_and_3 That article does not go into detail as to how to perform these configurations. Can anyone provide any detail? Can this be done in VRM, or VEConfigure?

2 |3000