question

jven avatar image
jven asked

It should be possible to deduce the hw. rev. from the s.n. right ? (Help buying additional MP II)

This is making my next Victron acquisition pretty difficult! To sum it up (more detailed context bellow if you have the patience to read...), I think it shouldn't be difficult to deduct the hw rev from the serial number, all we need to obtain is confirmation that the serial numbers are not interrupted within the same PMP. Can someone from Victron please confirm ? After that we could have a list of serial numbers...

I've been on and off searching these forums as time (and patience :)) permits, to find the small details I need to know to add an additional unit (more additional units actually planned later on...) to parallel with my current PMP 482305010 HW rev. 12. There is almost no information regarding the hardware revisions within the same PMP and I even found a situation where a user found HW rev. 16 incompatible with hw rev. 12 (both PMP 482305010!!) despite the firmware indicating it was compatible... The only totally safe and best way is of course to use the same hw rev. and hence my initial question at the top.

Thanks!

multiplus in parallel
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Jven

Check on your current unit, there will be a sticker in or on it soemwhere that states its hardware revision.

If it has been more than six months (on the newer products) the likelihood of it being the same hardware rev is low.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You have the manufacture dates of the inverters. Bottom line, the further apart they are, the less likely it is that they will work symmetrically.

They will work regardless of the rev level but they may not work as well as you hoped.

There have been changes to powerpacks etc over time. While the devices may be the same type, they will be different enough for there to be problems.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.