question

k-o-hansen avatar image
k-o-hansen asked

Blue Smart charger and Smartshunt

Hi,

I just bought a Victron Blue Smart Charger 12/30. It's installed in our solar setup to give some additional charging capabilities during winter months. The charger is hooked up to an digital gasolin generator.

The BSC is connected through our Victron Smart shunt. When the generator is running and the charger is going its thing. The shunt jumps straight to 100% SOC. Eventhough the SOC before running the charger was on 85%.

I'm running the negative to the BSC through the smartshunt. Is some kind of software setup I need to change?

The BSC is running stock on Normal 14.4v. And is showing Bulk.

My setup:

Batteries

520ah AGM batteribank 12v

Victron MPPT 100/30

Absorption 14.4v

Flott 13.60v

screenshot-20221203-194550.jpg

Blue Smart charger IP22 12/30

Charging voltage 14.4v

Smartshunt

Charged voltage 14.2v

Tailcurrent 4%

screenshot-20221203-183252.jpg

chargerSmartShuntVictronConnectvictron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You have star synchronised on. This means that on connection/restart it will go to 100%. Stop charging. . Let the battery discharge for a while (SOC drops) and then charge. Should do the trick

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

k-o-hansen avatar image
k-o-hansen answered ·

Ok, so I don't need to do anything? Just let the SOC go down and then start charging again. Does it matter what the mppt is doing? Or the coexist and adapt when their on the same VE bluetooth smart network.

The BSC is added to a existing and working solar system.

2 |3000

Related Resources