question

m1ck avatar image
m1ck asked

After deep battery discharge, victron shows fix floating light instead of bulk charge, how to solve?

After deep battery discharge, victron bluesolar 75/15 shows fix floating light instead of bulk charge, how to solve?

EDIT:

After several days using an older PWM charger controller, yesterday afternoon I reconnected the Victron Bluesolar 75/15, and the problem persists: the LED shows the float light, the charger doesn't charge anything. During the night all LEDs go off. The battery at rest was reading 12.74 volts last night.

Any help is highly appreciated.

EDIT 2:

Now during the day, the VictronConnect app gives the following information:

• Solar: 0W, tension: 21.40V, current: 0.0A.
  • Battery: Tension: 13.78, current: 0.00A, status: Float
MPPT Controllersbattery chargingbattery
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
What is the battery voltage reading?
0 Likes 0 ·
m1ck avatar image m1ck klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
my multimeter is away
0 Likes 0 ·
m1ck avatar image m1ck klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
After charging with PWM charger controller, battery voltage is around 12.75 v.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Sounds like the fuse in the bottom of the mppt has blown, or that there is a break in the wiring between the mppt and battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

m1ck avatar image m1ck commented ·

Thank you klim8skeptic. I don't think there's a break in the wiring to the battery, the Victronconnect app is reading its voltage correctly.
I extracted the fuse and confirmed it has blown. Will replace it as soon as posible.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Guessing you've gone too far and the charger doesn't recognise the battery as healthy.

Can you hook up another battery charger? Once the voltage comes up, it should restart, but might take a while

2 comments
2 |3000

Thank you kevgermany, I'll try to see.
0 Likes 0 ·
I charged and used the battery using an older PWM charger controller during more than 2 weeks. Yesterday afternoon I reconnected the Victron MPPT charge controller and the problem persists. The battery's voltage this night at rest was 12.74 v. During the night all LEDs in the Victron charge controller went off.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources