question

kamflyer avatar image
kamflyer asked

Any way to install ESS Assistants without VE Configure?

Not a Windows guy (100% Mac based) but would like to install an ESS Assistant. I have a Multiplus II, MK3-USB and a Cerbo. Is there a way?

Thx

ESSAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

No. Assistants can only be installed using ve config. Since you have a cerbo you can use remote ve config through vrm to download and upload config files to/from the inverter. I'm not sure if you can modify the file using a Mac though. Maybe you have a friend with a windows PC? Only takes a minute to change the config and you can do it remotely.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

justinford avatar image
justinford answered ·

Parallels works to run Ve Configure on a Mac. I know it is a lousy answer but maybe someday VictronConnect will be able to do it all.

2 |3000

jdzl avatar image
jdzl answered ·

In the same boat as you -- I've been using: https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer and you can install and run VEConfigure without issue and way easier than standing up a whole VM instance (especially if you're running a newer Mac with M1 cpu like me)

1670090905266.png

I'm using the Remote VEConfigure to download/upload the files from VRM. Works a treat! (Example shown, not my actual setup)

1670090905266.png (900.5 KiB)
2 |3000