question

tracyfr avatar image
tracyfr asked

Which Parts to buy?

My camper is 30 amp. We are planning to install 3 200-watt solar panels and 3 200 amh batteries. What are the best Victron components to run the system?

system design
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ingo21 avatar image ingo21 commented ·

i would use a

SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 150/45

that is probably all you need to start.

there is a lot of things you can add later.

from battery shunt to temperature and tank sensors

1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
ffvictron avatar image
ffvictron answered ·

The absolute minimum you need if you want PV only is one Inverter and one MPPT. but you really need to provide more info so we can help, like for instance how much stuff you are planning to use the inverter for?

you can go 110v/220v, you may not even need solar panels and you could use a TR ORION and charge the auxiliary battery with your truck/car alternator.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tracyfr avatar image tracyfr commented ·
Thank you for your time. We are wanting to supply power to all LED lights, all outlets, microwave, frig while moving, AC if possible... I know the AC would be limited, TV, starlink, water pump, gas furnace, and gas water heater. I think 110V is what we would go with. I am looking to build this with the ability to add more batteries and panels as we go.
0 Likes 0 ·
gazza avatar image gazza tracyfr commented ·
I would respectfully suggest you use a DC compressor fridge, and be very careful selecting your inverter power rating if you want to run a microwave... they are quite demanding (on start up) so look at the power rating on your microwave and double it at least for sizing your inverter.
1 Like 1 ·
tracyfr avatar image tracyfr gazza commented ·
I was think of a Victon multiplus 3000 watt inverter. What are your thoughts?
0 Likes 0 ·
gazza avatar image gazza tracyfr commented ·
Have a look on the microwave data label, should tell you the power rating? With Victron inverters they rate them in kVA, which is not the same as Watts so I think the Multi 3000 is effectively a 2.4 kW inverter (continuous power) which is "probably" ok, but just check the microwave.
0 Likes 0 ·
R avatar image R tracyfr commented ·
Microwave and air conditioning are a breaking point. To handle the surge and running loads, more of both batteries and inverter capacity will be needed. The great part with Victron of course is being able to add components over time.

What type of batteries are you all looking at?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic