question

Peter avatar image
Peter asked

Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/10 bluetooth failed

I have a one year old SmartSolar MPPT that was working with Bluetooth for a few months. It was part of my pre-wiring setup so it has never been connected to panels or batteries. The Bluetooth has now stopped working. Reading other questions here, I have tried:

Removing power to the SmartSolar and restarting it. Lights flash and it seems to be working, but no Bluetooth.

Deleted and reinstalled the app on an Ipad.

Restarted the iPad, tried an iPhone - same thing. No evidence of bluetooth. None of these devices can see the MPPT bluetooth device.

The remote panel, Victron Energy SCC900500000 MPPT Control, does talk to it, but it is a hard way to program things and would not help with a firmware updates.

This was bought from Amazon Canada -- so dealer support is minimal.

I haven't tried yet using a RF spectrum analyzer to see if it is emitting at 2.4 GHz.

Questions:

What are my options?

1) Buy a different brand of MPPT controller

2) Purchase an Android device, USB adapter, purchase Victron USB link and program it that way.

3) Return it for service? If so, how?

I was going to get a bunch of these for each panel on the motorhome, but I am thinking it would be a nightmare.

Peter

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic