question

Robert Boerescu avatar image
Robert Boerescu asked

common neutral busbar AC OUT1 and AC OUT2

Can I use a common busbar for the neutral wire of AC OUT1 and AC OUT2? In the diagram they seem to be connected inside the multiplus 2.

I have parts of my home wiring sharing the neutral wire but I want some loads to be supported by battery and some not in case of outage.

AC IN neutral will be separate.

Thanks

ac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Robert Boerescu avatar image
Robert Boerescu answered ·

In the diagram they seem to be common neutral so I personally do not find an issue to use a common neutral busbar for ac out 1 and 2 but I would have liked somebody with more multiplus experience to confirm it please.... :-)neutral.jpg

neutral.jpg (35.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

I was a little concerned that the internal AC2 contactor was a double pole switch, but given that the diagram you have found shows it is single pole only then I would be confident you would be OK.

However you still need to be careful if the household circuits are protected by RCDs, you need to ensure that the neutral currents flow through the same devices as the live currents.

2 |3000

jesseafuchs avatar image
jesseafuchs answered ·

Hi!

Late to the party! I was also wondering if i could combine the neutrals for the ac2 out and ac1 out of a Multiplus 2GX. I agree with you cats, and according to your diagram, It looks to me like there is no issue.

Just wondering how this worked out for you before i proceed,

Cheers!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic