question

jven avatar image
jven asked

Can you mix hard. rev. 15 and rev. 12 of PMP482305010 in parallel ?

As per the title. Thanks!

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

What are the serial numbers of the inverters (this also gives an indication of age).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jven avatar image
jven answered ·

Rev. 15 is SN:HQ2039MMQI7
Rev 12 is SN:HQ1946YTBVK

2 |3000

jven avatar image
jven answered ·

But they are the same part numbers...

2 |3000

jven avatar image
jven answered ·

Anyone ? I got a possible deal I wouldn't like to pass...

Thanks

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Guidance on paralleling older systems is a bit grey.

In theory they aren’t too far apart, the hardware rev shouldn’t matter as long as they have the same hardware ID, feature set and firmware.

Reality can mean a variance in how balanced/symmetrical they actually are when paralleled because differences in hardware affects how well they work together.

I have been trying to get a better matrix to answer these questions, some just avoid doing this with older systems because they don’t want the risk.

Sorry to be so vague. Best chance of success is to have the same rev, depends on your appetite for risk.

2 |3000

jven avatar image
jven answered ·

I went for it :) Don't have much time to install it at the moment but will come back later...
My reasoning is that even if it doesn't work I'll probably be able to recover most of the value by selling it. I say most of it because unfortunately 2nd hand sites suck your earnings too much nowadays...

Thanks for the info !

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

@Jven Make the newer one master. Once running, check the output with a clamp meter under load to see how balanced they are. If they are even-ish you're sorted, if there is a larger delta, then just be careful how you load them.

0 Likes 0 ·
jven avatar image
jven answered ·

@ nickdb Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting only the rev. 12 unit.. Probably a mistake Just posted another question about serial numbers and matching hw rev...

2 |3000