question

nilsk avatar image
nilsk asked

MultiPlus I frequency shift for MyPV AcThor

Hello from Canary Islands,

I have already asked this question in another thread, but I think I'd better start a new question.

My config:

Victron MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100, Product ID 2624, Firmware v498, off grid

Victron SmartSolar Charger MPPT 250/100, Product ID A050, Firmware v1.61

Lithium battery YUASA 2x15 cells, 120 AH

REC 1Q-BMS on CAN Bus

Victron Venus GX

MyPV AcThor 3 kW single phase wiht a heating cartridge 2500 W, frequency control.

This is the MultiPlus frequency control setting:

ess.jpg

But it didn't work the way I hoped.

I want the frequency to increase in case of PV surplus. This would be the moment when the Solar Charger decreases the charging power.

But the frequency only increases when the maximum battery voltage is reached (my BMS is set to 60.02 volts). However, the control behaviour is such that the battery voltage drops to 59.79 volts in float and remains there. That's why the MultiPlus regulates the frequency down again immediately. So I only have a few minutes in which the AcThor could work. How can I ensure that the frequency remains at 51 Hz as long as I have a surplus?

071122.jpg

Thanks for your support!

Nils

@Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff)

frequency
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Nils.K

as you don't have AC coupled PV on the output, the PV inverter assistant does not work much, as this assistant is always checking the input on AC out... if there is no input, it doesn't have to increase the frequency...

But there are another ways: use Virtual Switch to increase frequency based on DC voltage for example.

screenshot-2022-05-09-103822-1.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nilsk avatar image
nilsk answered ·
2 |3000

nilsk avatar image
nilsk answered ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Which virtual switch usage do I have to select on the start page?vsoption.jpg

vsoption.jpg (41.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Nils.K I don't think it matters what you use. but depending on what one you choose, you can have different options.
1 Like 1 ·
nilsk avatar image
nilsk answered ·

It works! :)frequency.jpg

frequency.jpg (86.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic