question

allswell avatar image
allswell asked

24v bank with 705ah: When is it charged fully?

My 24v bank is 705ah and I'm being told it is fully charged when it hits 28.8v and when the charging amperage drops down to between 18a - 24a. Another person has told me it's fully charged when it is 28.8v and is taking 0amps while charging...

Who is correct?

battery chargingGeneratorbattery system voltage
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Battery type and chemistry?
1 Like 1 ·
allswell avatar image allswell klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Oh how silly of me. I have Rolls flooded lead acid batteries. 6v 235ah in series and parallel to make a bank of 24v at 705ah.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

With all battery related settings follow the Rolls Battery Manual. Take the effort to read and understand it.

rolls-tail.png

rolls-tail.png (143.9 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
In short as mentioned above (and this is common for lead acid battery types) float takes energy to maintain. And on a healthy bank it is a percentage of the capacity installed. As they get older you will notice they need more and more energy to maintain float.
0 Likes 0 ·
allswell avatar image allswell commented ·
Thank you for your contribution. So what I'm understanding from that is in the shunt the battery setting for tail current should read 2% and in the charge controller, for my bank, the "tail current" should be 14.1a?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop