question

landslide avatar image
landslide asked

Load curve displayed on GlobalLink VRM portal shows faulty time stamps/how to set time properly?

Hi! I am getting the load reading you can see in the attached picture.
I can assure you that there is no solar panel input after about 3 o'clock (15.00) in the afternoon, as the picture is of today´s data and it has been cloudy/raining all day.

I get the same type of graph every day, showing some load input at way too late in the day to be factual.

What could be wrong, or where have I missed to get the setting correct?

timestamp.jpg

globallink
timestamp.jpg (39.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
jolir avatar image
jolir answered ·

Is this a new install? The GL520 has no real time clock, so it takes a few days to work out what the likely day time is from when it receives solar input data and when it’s nighttime. Of course, bad weather, giving no solar input, may convince the GL520 that it’s actually nighttime.

It will eventually sort itself out after a few days from initial switch on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

I can confirm this for one of my installs and will forward it to the developers.

2 |3000

landslide avatar image
landslide answered ·

Thank you!

2 |3000

landslide avatar image
landslide answered ·

I'd like to thank you jolir, as this seems to have been the correct answer. The installation was "decently" new, about a month, and finally the clock sorted itself out just 24 hours after I asked on here.

Problem seems to be solved by sorting itself out. Thank you!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic