Sean Jacobs avatar image
Sean Jacobs asked

Smart Shunt broken on 48v system

I have commissioned a new system:

800ah lifepo4 cells custom build

2x Quattro 48/10000

3x MPPT RS 450/100

~14kw solar

After plugging in the smart shunt (correctly… I’ve done many) it works normally and adjust settings. Then within an hour or so it disappears altogether! Tried unplugging and RE-plugging power. The fuse in the positive wire is blown. I’ve replaced it numerous times. Finally I thought maybe just I had bad luck. Then I replaced the smart shunt and same problems!

I even replaced the smartshunt with an older one because I heard there’s been some manufacturing issues (like with the Cerbo).

I really need a solution for monitoring battery capacity integrated into the Cerbo. This should work but from what I can tell there’s no solution yet like with the Cerbo + capacitor.

Please help! I only deal with 48v systems. This is critical!

SmartShunt48v battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Sean Jacobs

I have not heard of the issue.

Are you replacing with 1A slow blow fuses?

The item in question would need to be returned for an RMA to have a recorded process and determine if there is something there that needs some attention.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

When you replaced the SmartShunts, did you kept the same positive wire? If yes, check it for some insulation damage. Maybe it's routed somwhere hidden and it's shorting with a negative wire or something.

2 |3000

Related Resources