question

nicov avatar image
nicov asked

MP II - Error 11, Step 8

When I got back home from a weekend away my MP II greeted me with a Error 11, failed on step 8, message.

This is usually installation related, so I'm about to start debugging. If I disconnect the incoming AC from the MP II the error clears and it provides power to my house.

Does the MP II test the relays even when the incoming AC is disconnected? If so I guess it proves that my MP II isn't faulty, but that the fault is installation related?

Multiplus-IIerror 11
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@NicoV

It can still be installation related. You would need to also test the opposite. Does Ac in connect with no ac out wiring?

Check your upstream wiring.

All steps laid out here for error 11.

And here for 8.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nicov avatar image
nicov answered ·

Hi @Alexandra ,

Thanks or the very fast reply. I suspect that the problem is on the upstream side. However, live in an estate complex, so can only check the wiring in my own unit. If the MP II checks the relays even if no AC_in is connected, then I know the MP II is healthy, so then I'll ask the estate to check.

AC_in off, AC_out on - no alarms

AC_in on, AC_out off - Alarm 11, Failed on Step 8

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic