question

critterfer avatar image
critterfer asked

Multiplus 24/1600 with MK2 for parallel operation

I recently bought and installed 2 Multiplus 24/1600 inverters and an MK2 USB. I'm just trying to program them for parallel operation, but VE Config3 and VE.Bus Quick Configure won't let me into the inverter. VE Config3 says it detects the MK2, but then goes to a screen asking to select a coms port. The VE.Bus Quick Configure doesn't seem to detect the MK2. I'm using windows 10, which recognizes the MK2 as a device, and I'm pretty sure I managed to install the drivers correctly, after all VEConfig3 says the MK2 is detected. Please help.

multiplus in parallelmk2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

when you plug the MK2 in the windows ten it will /should allocate it a com port, find this under system devices and then MAYBE the port number is set to a high figure ie 20 plus (com 20) reconfigure this be say 4 (com4) then try again and see how you go using com 4 or a number lower than 10

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I think the MK2 is incompatible, MK3 to USB probably needed.
0 Likes 0 ·
critterfer avatar image
critterfer answered ·

Thanks for the input. I now have an MK3 and I'm still not able to connect to the multiplus. I have 2 multiplus inverters and neither of them will connect, which makes me think it's something with my system. I've tried intstalling, uninstalling the drivers and software multiple times, but it still doesn't work. The system recognises the MK3 and says everything is good, but when I try to connect the inverters, there is no communication, either with VE Configure 3 or VictronConnect. I'm at a loss and quite frustrated at this point.

2 |3000

mirek avatar image
mirek answered ·

try to connect via cerbo gx via LAN

2 |3000