question

pieter-pieterse avatar image
pieter-pieterse asked

Easysolar 48/5000 grid tied

Hi all

i am looking to buy the Easysolar 48/5000 but first need to know if i can use it in the following manner ...

I will be using a 10kwh lithium battery with 12x 290w PV panels on the 48/5000 Easysolar panel ... i will like to use the solar power all the time up 2 the 5000W the panel can give but when the load is more ie. i use the stove then the extra load must come from the grid ... after the load is back to under 5000w then i am off the grid again and on solar again ...

Then when the grid goed down i will use the power form the 10Kwh battery sparingly till the grid comes back ... ( hope this makes sense )

Is this easysolar unit the correct unit for this or must i look at something ells

thank u for the help

Rgs,

Pieter

GeneratorEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar answered ·

Hi Pieter ,

Depending on which part of the world you are ESS may a good option for you which you can easily apply on Smartsolar with configuration changes

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:quick-installation-guide

best luck

wbr

Anil

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Pieter. Your Easy is just a convenient 'combo' box of Victron kit. It has the same functionality as a 48/5000 Multiplus, a 150/100 Bluesolar? mppt, and a CCGX, but with onboard breakers and prewiring.

The easiest way to do this might be to just manually switch on the grid when you need it. Like an offgridder might do with a generator.

It may well be possible to do what you want hands-free with assistants like ESS or even genny autostart, but beyond my paygrade. Maybe someone can chime in..

2 |3000