question

mtnbrit avatar image
mtnbrit asked

Bug: VRM dashboard solar yield accumulating

Hi I just switched from lora to Global Link 520 as vrm gateway for my RV 150/100 and BMV. I deleted the old installations and created a fresh new one. The dashboard is showing wrong solar yield, it seems to be accumulating the orange bars. With the previous lora setup, I would get one orange bar per day with the correct daily solar yield.

The widgets on the advanced page look correct.

I WISH I was getting 26kWh from my 1000w array that outputs at best around 600w. And generating at 20:00 lol.

vrm.jpg

vrm2.jpg

MPPT ControllersVRMgloballink
vrm.jpg (235.3 KiB)
vrm2.jpg (352.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mtnbrit avatar image
mtnbrit answered ·

Yield on the dashboard is now correct a couple days later. Im guessing the issue was caused by stale or duplicate data in the db upon initializing a new installation with a delay in setting the timezone. Timezone was GMT when first adding GL520 to vrm, I noticed it was wrong and set it (to gmt-7) using Set Location some hours later.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mtnbrit avatar image
mtnbrit answered ·

Spoke too soon. Its still broken.Where are these 8.48kWh bars coming from that are getting accumulated to 49kWh total today?

vrm2.jpg

vrm2.jpg (130.5 KiB)
2 |3000

mtnbrit avatar image
mtnbrit answered ·

Looks like the GL520 is rebooting quite frequently, this might explain the weird bars. Power is stable. Signal is around -78 to -80.

Anyone have an idea what might be causing it to restart every 30 min or so?

Last power up or restart 2022-11-06 21:18 (24 minutes ago)
2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Does it not restart automatically when there is no signal for a period of time? Have you checked your connectivity?
0 Likes 0 ·
Øystein Hennø avatar image Øystein Hennø commented ·
Random reboots is unfortunately a known GL520 issue but it seems like Victron wont prioritize this!
0 Likes 0 ·