question

billperson avatar image
billperson asked

On my BMV 702 can I connect my RV house battery and my starting battery using the the Negative post of only one battery

Both my house battery and my chassis battery are using the same negative ground on my RV. chassis. If I were to connect a second Pos wire from the chassis battery to the shunt (by the house battery )without running an additional negative cable from the chassis battery, will I be able to monitor the second battery?

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If both batteries share a common negative point then you can connect the second positive wire to the second battery and you will be able to monitor its Voltage.

Please note, you can only monitor the Voltage of the second battery, not the current, you cannot share the shunt between the two batteries.

The negative of the second battery must connect directly to the chassis. The negative of the first battery connects to the chassis via the shunt. Just wanted to clarify that.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

billperson avatar image billperson commented ·

Thanks, Wkirby, that worked for me Perfect answer.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic