question

allswell avatar image
allswell asked

Gas Generator Fuel Level Sensor for Cerbo GX

I want to connect a sensor to the gas tank of my generator so that the gas level of my generator will show up on the VRM via my Cerbo GX. Can anyone please advise me as to who to do that?

Generatorsensorruuvi sensors
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Allswell,

There are lots of products in the market.

I was talking with one of our system integrators yesterday who offers these sorts of products - https://www.safiery.com/tanks - I encourage others to also post any suppliers that they also know who offer Victron supported tank sensor integrations.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

allswell avatar image
allswell answered ·

Thanks so much Guy! I saw the Safiery products and liked what I saw to measure an external propane tank hooked to a generator but my generator is gas and integrated into the generator so mounting a safiery sensor may not work for this application. I'm curious if there is something that is more like a float sensor that I can simply drop into the gas tank on the generator to have it report readings to the Cerbo GX. Are you aware of anything like that? Thank you for your quick answer and contribution!

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Mopeka sensors are now supports on gx devices. They have fluid level sensors designed for plastic/poly tanks but wether or not they will work for gasoline I can't say for certain, but they are affordable enough that I would risk trying one.

1 comment
2 |3000

allswell avatar image allswell commented ·
Thanks Derrick, that's great information. Much appreciated. I will check them out.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic