question

Dr. Werner Sachs avatar image
Dr. Werner Sachs asked

Hex Protocol for SmartSolar MPPT RS450

I'm new and inexperienced here in the forum, but I've been using the BMV 712 for 2 years. I read and set the parameters under Linux (C, C++) and the hex protocol. I use the document "BMV700 Series HEX Protocol". There are no problems with this. I have now acquired the "SmartSolar MPPT RS 450" and wanted to integrate it into my system, as with the BMV. However, I can't find any documentation on the Hex protocol for the MPPT RS. Where can I find this documentation? Without it, the device is worthless to me.

MPPT SmartSolarmppt rscommunication protocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

On our technical documentation page (here) there is a document called "VE.Direct HEX Protocol MPPT". This also applies to the SmartSolar MPPT RS.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dr. Werner Sachs avatar image
Dr. Werner Sachs answered ·

The VE.Direct description only applies to "BlueSolar and SmartSolar MPPT chargers". I can take over many addresses, but some important ones are missing. E.g. the 450 RS 450/100 has two trackers. I need the panel voltage, current and power for both trackers.

2 |3000

Related Resources