question

westen avatar image
westen asked

Globballink 520 relay, but how?

Have a question about the relay function of the Globallink 520. I have basic knowledge on electronics. I know for instance the positive side of a battery is the side with the "knobby" thing on it's end. My question is: since the Globallink relay cannot be fed more than 3V (otherwise it explodes) am I right to assume I should get a (another) relay that has 3V on the one side, so it will trigger it's relayswitch so that I can switch on a bigger load? Or, if I am mistaken, how do I switch a substantial (10A, 12V) load with the relay onboard the Globallink 520? Please take me through this step by step and bear in mind my complete and utter ignorance on the matter.

globallink
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Øystein Hennø avatar image
Øystein Hennø answered ·

I think you have wrong information:

It's able to switch maximum 60Vdc / 3A

I am running/controlling 12Vdc units on it without any issues.

If you need to control a 10A source, simply let this relay control another relay able of handling your 12V/10A load.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

westen avatar image
westen answered ·

Thanks Henno, for your helpful anwser.

2 |3000

gameburg avatar image
gameburg answered ·

Hi, I'm cutting in a little bit here regarding relay. I had missed the 3A limit. I believe I have damaged my relay when using it to my freezer, it has a draw of about 1-2A average but I guess startup is higher (3-4A). I can hear it clicking but it doesn't break the power...

I'm thinking of replace the relay myself. Do you have exact spec for it?

BR

Patrik

1 comment
2 |3000

Øystein Hennø avatar image Øystein Hennø commented ·
If its busted... then open the box and have a look. I doubt you burned the whole casing...
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic