question

tronegeden avatar image
tronegeden asked

Bluetooth connection on Global Link 520

Hi there,

I added a Global Link 520 gateway to my configuration. Very simple basic architecture on a sail boat. I've got solar pannels charging batteries with a MPPT 100|50 controler which is running just fine. Also is a Smart battery sense. Both devices MPPT and the battery sense are successfully connected using Bluetooth and the MPPT controler receive infos (Temp and Voltage)

Now is the issue I am facing:

The global Link gateway is up and running with a good connection to LTE-M network. However for some reason which I don't understand the Global Link gateway will only see the smart battery sense using bluetooth. Nothing else. It can"t see the MPPT device. What is more the Global Link is installed 15 cm away from the MPPT !

I tried to power down/up the gateway .....same isse

I tried to remove (in the Global gateway setup) the smart battery sense ...... same pb it still will not see the MPPT controler.

I double checked the firmware version ...I am up to date and running V 2.06

The user guide mention we can have up to 10 Bluetooh device connected with the Gateway ...I won't have 2 ....only 1

Any clue ?

Philippe

globallinkBluetooth Low Energy - BLE
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
tronegeden avatar image
tronegeden answered ·

Apologies apologies

After checking it seems one needs to activate Bluetooth twice

The first time you activate Bluetooth in the panel Infos

Then you scroll down and …

The second time (the one I forgot) is to activate Bluetooth real time updates ….

Shame on me !

However it works from now on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jolir avatar image
jolir answered ·

Have you checked that Bluetooth is switched on in the MPPT’s menu?

Can you connect to the MPPT with your phone using VictronConnect?

If yes, the Bluetooth is on.

If not, you will need to plug the MPPT into your laptop using a Victron ve.direct to USB cable and get into the MPPT’s menu (via VictronConnect) that way.

2 |3000

tronegeden avatar image
tronegeden answered ·

Yes Bluetooth is turned on.

I can easily connect to the MPPT controler with my iPhone.

2 |3000

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@tronegeden is it a smart solar mppt? If not then it is not supported via Bluetooth. Check out

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2022/09/27/globallink-520-v2-06/

2 |3000

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic