question

mr-23 avatar image
mr-23 asked

MPPT 450/200 with Trina Solar Vertex 550

Hello, I have a questions.

Have somebody experience with a MPPT 450/200 and Trina Soar Vertex 550.

Here some data from the Vertex:

Maximum Power Current: 17,4A

Short circuit current: 18,52A

See somebody problems that we are nearly at the maximum power range of the RS450?

Max PV: 18A per Tracker

Max Circuit: 20A per Tracker

Normally I think its better to have all little more space to maximum value data.

Thanks for your feedback.

mppt rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Agreed, it is better to design the system with some more margin than that (3.3%), but these are also maximum ratings for those modules. Then there are some losses in the cables and circuit protection too.

Otherwise you would need to look at some of the other 250V or 150V controllers which have higher short circuit current parameters. The series string length would have to be shorter, but two strings could be in parallel with the 100A MPPT models (70A PV short circuit).

If you are the system designer, then you can make the calculations and decide if these narrow margins will be acceptable for your design or seek one of the alternatives that I mentioned.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mr-23 avatar image
mr-23 answered ·

Ok thanks for your feedback.

I have found the mppt you will mean.

Normally I don’t want a parallel wiring but if I look I will have no chance to go in serius wiring.

2 |3000