question

mbelgil avatar image
mbelgil asked

Phoenix 24/3000 cuts out at low battery voltage - how to stop this?

I have a Phoenix 24/3000 inverter I'm using with a Venus GX.

My batteries aren't in the best condition and occasionally the Phoenix kills the power momentarily under load when voltage dips below 18.6V.

Is there any way to disable this? I'm using the Venus GX to monitor battery voltage (and take action if needed), but the Phoenix is causing a conflict. Thanks!

battery chargingPhoenix Inverterbattery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@mbelgil 19v is officially the lowest voltage the inverter can operate at so the fact its still running down to 18.6V shows it does have a greater operating range but its lower than the stated minimum.

1666175453386.png

1666175453386.png (138.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mbelgil avatar image
mbelgil answered ·

Thanks for the response Jason!

That all makes sense, and I appreciate that the Phoenix may not operate at such a low voltage. The trouble is, this is causing random 30 second power outages due to brief spikes. The voltage is never low for very long at all - so these short random power cuts are making life very difficult for me!

I'm pretty sure the batteries need replacing, and I will do that soon, but it would be helpful if I could temporarily disable this feature if its at all possible?!

A delay to the power outage, or forced outage of longer duration (20 mins+), would be much more helpful!

2 |3000

Related Resources