question

delt127 avatar image
delt127 asked

Color Control GX (CCGX) Won't Turn On

I can't get CCGX to turn on. Help!

Situation

1: CCGX is powered from the positive and negative bus bars (confirmed power to end of cable). Red on top and black on bottom.

2: CCGX connected to Multiplus via UTP cable.

3: No power (i.e. CCGX screen is blank).

Remedy steps tried:

1. Unplugged power from CCGX and verified with multimeter.

2. Unplugged UTP cable from both CCGX and Multiplus, then plugged back into both.

3. Reset CCGX (Buttons E + A + B)

Note: CCGX has firmware version 2.04 out of the box. I have not updated.

CCGX Color ControlVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
delt127 avatar image
delt127 answered ·

Solved ... the fuse wasn't blown, but didn't have good continuity. Changed the fuse, and it worked.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

1. Has it ever worked?

2. Make sure there is sufficient exposed copper wire to reach the internal power connection points, needs to be quite long, 12 mm. Thin flexible wires needs to be twisted tightly together.

3. Replace fuse

4. Take it back to the supplier for a test on a known good supply and warranty replacement.

2 |3000

renz avatar image
renz answered ·

Hi there, we are a Victron supplier and having same issue however unfortunately, the fuse is fine.

Tested different supply voltages within range, unit is still not going, it worked for a few weeks the mysteriously blacked out.

Had to initiate a return on that.

In the meantime, if there are any ideas for any further troubleshooting let us know before the unit gets in the post.

But since the CCGX is supposed to power up as soon as its connected to a supply and its not powering up, that's an issue with electronics as far as I know.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I think there is nothing you can do about that and you only can send it back to get a replacement.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic